Friday, July 13, 2012

Money, money, money, money, MONEY

More car repairs yesterday...The taillights and brake lights that were 'fixed' were not really fixed. I got pulled over last Friday night for no tail light and driving TOO slowly!  The police asked me for my driver's license and insurance, and I said, "Is it because of my light?" He said, "Yes, and you were driving about 20 or 30 miles BELOW the speed limit." Can you believe that ! I told him that I was driving slowly because of the missing brake light. That is when I found out that the tail light was out, too. I have been afraid to drive around town, much, without a brake light, and I kept waiting on the car place to call me telling me that the part they ordered had come in. They never called. It has been two weeks, so I called yesterday. The guy says, "I remember you. Let me do some research on this." I waited. No call. I called back. "I'm still doing the research, ma'am." So I waited and then called and said, "I'm going to the Jeep place," and I did.   From now on, I will always go to the dealership!  They fixed the lights and some other things. My front tire had two nails in it AND some steel or something. My back left tire had a nail in it a few weeks ago, when all of this craziness started. Anyway, I told them that I had a brand new tire in the spare tire section, and they could put that on my car. Now, I need to go out and get another tire to replace the spare. I wonder what I have been into for both of my left side tires to have big, nails and steel in them!
 Six hundred and something dollars later, I have a fixed car. That was just yesterday's job, too. I guess I'm just out for the 'fix' from two weeks ago. My check engine light has been on for a while, so they fixed the extreme vap leak that caused that. They fixed some other things, too, so I should be okay for now. Whew! This has been an expensive summer for my car. The first problem was right before school was out with my tire and then the overheating and breaking of that stuf, over $400 that time. Gotta have a car, though!

Hey, I got to spend the day with Rachel, Dora, and Don, so it was good all around. Don came and picked me up from the dealership, since it is out near their house. Dora slept most of the time I was there, but that was okay. She is a sweetie pie, that's for sure!!
Rachel and Don have access to movies, via Netflix, that is hooked up on their computer, so we watched an old movie, "Barefoot in the Park". That movie was really funny! It is SO nice to watch real actors and actresses and listen to real dialogue. Neil Simon wrote this play, which was turned into a movie. His plays were always so funny. It was also neat to see Robert Redford and Jane Fonda as young actors. The movie was made in 1967, 45 years ago!! Wow!! The lady who played the mother was SO funny! I just love the part when she first gets up to their top floor apartment and just FALLS into the door from exhaustion!!!! Real actors don't overdo, they just ACT!!  I LOVE IT!!!!!!

After picking up my car, I drove out past Rincon to another Thirty-One party, at the Zittrouer's house. It was nice being around some old friends from Epworth. Emily was selling some of her bags and things that she has been using, for half price, so that was good. I think we each got one of those items and ordered new things, as well.  Mina is hosting a party soon, too, now that her Christmas tree is down. HA!

I was hoping to get to Tampa to see Adam soon, but it doesn't look like we are going to get there anytime soon. Stuff just happens to stall things sometimes.

Today seems like it is going to be a nice day. The weather is not too hot this morning, and it doesn't feel like rain. I hope it stays nice.  Have a good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment