Monday, July 16, 2012

The beach, family, and a lot of pictures

Today, I am going to post some of the pictures that I took yesterday at the beach. I must warn you, though, I just kind of snapped the camera a lot at the "posed" pictures, hoping to get something that would look great. I will just put them on here, and then maybe I can write about them.  Our cousins were all in town for the weekend. Some are staying all week, but some were only here for the weekend. We had a great time together, as always. We are getting to be a really big family, with lots of new grandchildren for my generation!! I tried to get a picture with each person holding Dora. I know that I didn't get everyone, but these are the ones I have. Enjoy!

This first picture is of all of the little children that we could muster up. I kept snapping pictures hoping to get a good one. This is the best one I have of everyone "kind of" looking straight ahead! Dewey's hand is in the picture, though. I think it is a good one. We took a picture like this many years ago of a bunch of little cousins, when our great matriarch, Granna, was here. The picture was in the same location. In this picture, Mina is our Matriarch!!

(front row) Kendall, Allison, Mina, Sarah, Gabby
(back row) Dewey, Lauren, Julia, Douglas, Rebecca, Dora


Sarah and Dora


Great Aunt Amy G. and Dora


Pretty Cousin Amelia and Dora


My beach cake and watermelon cake
I melted candy into molds for the shells, fish, seahorses, etc. I used light brown sugar for the "sand". The watermelon cake is a white cake with red food coloring and tiny chocolate chips. The "rind" is green fondant.


Cousin Marvin and Dora! After he put me down, I looked way up asking for another hug!



My cousin William FINALLY held me!! This is the first time he has held me. I think he liked it. Look at his dimples!




Cousin Aaron got me right away!! Allison is waiting for her turn!



 Waiting on the cakes to be cut. They all wanted a piece of the beach cake. I didn't have to worry about bringing home any cake today!! This is Kendall, Douglas, Allison, and Sarah.

All the little girls with Dora!
Kendall, Sarah, Dora, Gabby, and Allison



Beach time and Watermelon, What a combination!


My Great Aunt Amy H. finally got a hold of me last night!


I finally got to meet my Cousin Arlene! Yippee!!



Cousin Barbara and Me!



                                           Cousins Gabby, Dora, Lauren, and Allison



Cousin Allison has me now!!
    
                                                 

                           Cousin Gabby waited very patiently for her turn to hold me!

                                            

                                 I have my mamma's love for books. Let me read that thing!!

1 comment: