Monday, July 12, 2010

Lauren is 10 in 2010!!


Today is my niece's birthday. Lauren is 10 today. She had a sleepover party with her friends last week, and she had a purple guitar pinata for that party. When I told her that I had a guitar cake pan, her eyes lit up. I asked her what kind of guitar she wanted, and she just said PURPLE. So, I made a purple guitar. I had some pansies and violets that I made this weekend, so I added them to the guitar. I tried to put all of the parts of a guitar on the cake, and the flowers added a touch of girly girl to it. The strings were hard to get on straight, but they were okay. By the time I got the cake to the party, though, the strings had 'popped'. It still looked good. Here is Lauren and some candid shots of the party. Enjoy!

Blowing out the candles!!

Growing Up Girls Doll #10

Rachel and Lauren posing, 10 fingers up!

Lauren and Papa!!

2 comments:

  1. Great cake...next time use really guitar strings or fishing line!! Just a suggestion as I think it might be easier. Yall had a party weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the guitar cake! and i love the pic of Rachel!!!

    ReplyDelete