Monday, July 19, 2010

Car mechanics

Well, my car is in the shop again. I put it in the shop back in May, so that I could travel to Tampa in a well-oiled machine! ha
I also bought new tires for the venture. That was good, though, because I really needed those. The mechanics also found many things to fix, of course, so that trip cost me quite a bit.
On the way home from Tampa, I noticed air conditioning drips coming down on my feet. I never took it back to the shop, though. Then, one of the needles started pointing all the way to H. I never took it back. Last week, I noticed the car wasn't going into gear correctly on the interstate. The other day, a red light came on saying, "Check gauges". So, I called to go to the dealer this time. Previously, I had been taking my car to a local tire/fix it shop called Savannah Tire. I thought the dealer would be more expensive. I was wrong. I should have gone to the dealer in the first place. Well, our Jeep place closed a couple of years ago, so I started going to this smaller, more convenient location. There is now another Jeep place, so I decided to go there. Plus, I had a recall on the car that I had never taken care of. Anywho, the Jeep is in the shop until later this afternoon...more $$ that I do not really have. But, I must have a car, so there ya go!!
I hope to get to Tampa this week. I am going to the dentist tomorrow to get a tooth pulled. The big one in the back broke off. I think it is a wisdom tooth! My internet was out, but it is fixed (that one didn't cost anything). So after tomorrow, everything SHOULD be fixed~let's hope so, anyway~~
I have GOT to see my son. I haven't seen him since May, and I am very anxious to go to visit him. He graduated from college and went straight over to Europe for a month and ten days. I miss him very much!! If I cannot get anyone to go with me, I may end up going on the train. The train ride that I took a few months ago was fine, so I may opt to do that.
The birthdays and graduations that were keeping me in town are all finished, so now it is my turn to do something for me that I want to do, and that is to go visit Adam and Vicky in Tampa. Wish me luck that I am able to go in the next couple of days!!

1 comment:

  1. i hope you get your car fixed! have fun in tampa!

    ReplyDelete