Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!


I just HAVE to put these pictures here today. I am so proud of this cake. I found the design on the Wilton website, and have been waiting to make it. This fondant design is the second one that I have done by myself. The drape did not turn out exactly like the picture, but I think it is pretty good, haha.
The stars on top were supposed to have U.S.A. on them, but I forgot to do that part. When I realized I needed the letters, I had already put the stars on the straws. The picture calls for popsickle sticks to be used, but there are none of those in my supply box. I found these straws and used blue ones to tie in the red, white, and blue theme.





I hope you enjoy the pictures. I must tell you that when I made the cakes, I thought I took out two 'white' cake mixes from the pantry. After putting them together and getting ready for the eggs,I realized that I put one white cake and one french vanilla cake in the mixing bowl!! I have no idea how the cake will taste, but I bet it will be interesting! Ha ha ha ha!!
Here are two pictures of my daddy from World War II. The outside picture is of him standing in front of Hitler's house, in Germany, around 1944. I am not sure of where the indoor picture is taken.



Men like my daddy and many of your daddys and military relatives have helped to make our country great, so that we may continue to celebrate the 4th of July for many years to come! Happy 4th!!

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful cake Dewilla!! Great job! love the old pix as well...not many of the Greatest Generation are left anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is amazing! Makes me want to take some classes too! I love the pics of your dad too. Very handsome!

    ReplyDelete