Saturday, July 17, 2010

Amy, the M.A.



Hi,
Amy, my sister in law, graduated last night with her Master's degree in Transformational Leadership (an education degree). She has worked really hard for this, while juggling three children, a home, a husband, and her job teaching Pre-K.

I am very proud of Amy. I first met Amy when she was in the 6th grade, and she was one of my band students. Yes, you read that correctly. She was one of my first students.

Here are some pictures of her special night.
Walking in, all smiles! You deserve to smile, Amy!!




I made a cake for her with a graduation hat. I have had this idea all summer from Wilton, and now finally got the chance to make it. I also added the symbol of her university. The color was supposed to be maroon, but I was apprehensive about making it too dark. The color on the invitation was a light maroon. So, the color ended up as more of a dark pink. It was okay, though.

The graduation ceremony was held at the Mighty 8th Air Force Museum. It was a very nice ceremony. The reception food was great, too, as furnished by Creative Catering. It was delicious!

Here is a family picture of Amy with her mom and dad (Ron and Joan Pulley), her husband (my brother William), and her youngest child Lauren. Her other two children are on a mission trip with their church group. This is one happy and proud family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment