Friday, June 29, 2012

Money Pits

Why does everyhing have to break or need repair at the same time, or around the same time? Money pits...money pits...money pits. I know this title usually goes to a house or something that people buy and have to fix up, but when cars and houses start needing repairs at the same time, I think we can call those money pits. In a matter of a few weeks, I have had air conditioner repairs at the house, car repairs for an overheated car, more repairs today on the tail lights and brake lights on the car, with an expensive part to be ordered for next week...and so it goes......

The summer weather has been nice, and the sunshine is wonderful.  I am enjoying vacation. I had planned on going to the beach again this week, but I haven't made it there. Too many things are happening around here to take a drive down to the beach.

We celebrated my nephew's 16th birthday on Wednesday. We went to lunch at Five Guys Burgers. The burgers are really good, like homemade hamburgers.


Then, we went to Logan's Roadhouse that night. We had a nice time. I ordered a barbecue plate. The chicken and ribs were good, but the pulled pork wasn't so good. Around Savannah, pulled pork barbecue is a staple, and we have some good local barbecue.



I made a cake for him, confetti cake, and iced it. Then, I used some long sour candy things to make a 16 and put sour patch candies around as a border. They liked the candy better than the cake, I think.



My niece put i her order for a sour mountain cake! She wants a mountain cake with a trail made out of the long candy and sour patch soldiers marching down it! ha! She will be 12 in July. For my other niece, I am going to try to make a high school cake, since she will be in the 9th grade this coming year. I may add some softball things, too, because she loves softball and is on the team now.

I have an "order" from my soon to be six year old niece for a Tangled Cake, in August. I have been googling Tangled cakes for a while now, and I think I have an idea on how to make one. I just hope it doesn't topple over!! I found this one online. It is actually from someone's blog about their cakes! She made the tower and house out of rice krispie treats. The rest is actual cake. I do not think mine will be this tall. She says it was over four feet high. I will make mine much shorter.

Later in August, I will post pictures of my Tangled cake. I hope it looks good!
Gotta go for now. Have a great day!!



1 comment:

  1. Boo on repairs!! Can't wait to see Julia's cake!! Kendall is going to see Brave with her daddy today.

    ReplyDelete