Saturday, June 9, 2012

Goin' to the Movies

I don't usually write a post about a movie, but this one has stayed in my mind all day. My cousin Mina called to ask Rachel and I to go to the movie today. Sally was with us, so she went, too. Susan, Amy, and Kate were with Mina already, and they went, too. We went to see something called "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel". I didn't know what it was going to be about, but I heard it was a comedy, so I went. I only like to watch comedies. I do not like dramas anymore. I like funny, lighthearted stuff. Anyway, Rachel and I went to meet them all at the movie. We got there after it started, but we didn't miss much.  I really liked the movie, and I recommend it to anyone out there in blogland who might accidentally be reading this :)  The movie is about a group of people who meet when they are on a trip to India. They are all moving to a big fancy hotel to live, instead of living in an old folks home in America. Their adventures are often funny, sometimes dramatic, but altogether interesting to watch and enjoy. There were many funny lines, all delivered with grace, as always done by REAL actors and actresses. I say 'real' actors, because so many times nowadays we see "comedians" attempting to be actors, and they just shout out punchlines and accentuate them when they want to show the audience when it is time to laugh. I enjoy watching real actors, not stand up comedians trying to make a big buck off of a movie. So, there is my rant.Anyway, the movie was good. I don't go to the movie theatre very often, the prices are moving on up there, so this trip was a treat.  If you get to see this movie, I hope you enjoy it! This picture is kind of small, but it only gets fuzzy when I try to make it bigger. Dame Judi Dench and Maggie Smith are in the movie. All of the characters are great. The young man who runs the hotel is terrific. I hope you get to see this movie!!

2 comments:

  1. I love Judi Dench...was wondering how the movie was! Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the type of movie while having a great dinner.

    l-arginine

    ReplyDelete