Saturday, June 2, 2012

Experimenting

I am trying something today. In Savannah, people make candied pecans. There are so many pecan trees around here that people make candied pecans. So, I got this great idea. If you can make candied pecans, then you can make candied peanuts! My idea came to me, because I bought UNsalted peanuts the other day, quite by accident. Publix grocery store has buy one get one free items all the time. I was rushing through there the other day and saw the dry roasted peanuts in that category. I grabbed up two of them and went about my business. After I got home, I realized the peanuts had no salt. SO, the idea hit me to make candied peanuts. I am hosting a Thirty-One Party today, and one of my treats will be the peanuts! I just put them in the oven, and I hope they turn out okay. I put lots of margerine and brown sugar in them and popped them into the oven. I will let you know how they turned out. I also made a cake, tuna salad, chicken salad, deviled eggs, and veggie dip. I baked a chicken yesterday and pulled it apart for the salad. Since I am the only one in my house, I do not need to eat an entire chicken!!
I hope you all have a great Saturday. I smell the peanuts, so I better go for now!!

1 comment:

  1. Love Thirtyone products! I have two of the big totes! Use them all the time!

    ReplyDelete