Sunday, June 3, 2012

Peanuts

The candied peanuts did not turn out as expected. I have something to show for it, though...A big mess in the oven!! Most of the brown sugar and margerine went down into the bottom of the oven leaving a big, smoky mess in the kitchen!  I was in such a hurry that I did not clean it right away. Silly me forgot all about it, and I put a cake in the oven this morning. MORE SMOKE!!  I quickly tried to scrape the sugar and stuff off of the bottom and continued to bake. I will have to make sure to clean it really good when the cake is finished. Maybe I should actually LOOK at a recipe next time before I try to make something new! HA!HA!
The Thirty-One party was a success, and all of the other goodies were tremendous. Actually, the peanuts taste great, but they just aren't individually candied!  Next time, I will not be in such a hurry and maybe the nuts will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment