Saturday, January 10, 2009

Snail Mail

I have decided that I really like to receive 'snail mail'. I do enjoy the quickness and the availability of email, but there is nothing like holding a letter in your hands and reading it. I like to send snail mail, too. I think that when you are holding that letter or card in your hands, you can remember the person who sent it and think of happy times, emotional times, crazy times, etc. You can also feel much closer to the friend or relative from whom you received the snail mail. There are many times when I have come across an old letter or a card and have just stopped time for a few minutes, relaxed, smiled, cried, and enjoyed a few moments of memories. Technology and modern times are great, but there is something about the old fashioned way of getting messages to our loved ones that just cannot be topped. Snail Mail still rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment