Sunday, January 4, 2009

Another Sunday

Sundays are different these days. I was trying to get up the gumption to get to church, but I am already late. It is 11 o'clock now. Should I go anyway? I have not been able to get up and go for a couple of months. I will come back to this posting later. I'm back! I bet you didn't even know that I left. Ha! The time is now 1:15, and I have been out and about doing silly things. I finally decided that since it was 11:15 by the time I got around to drying my hair, that I would just not go to church again today. I went piddling around town instead. I ate breakfast with Daddy, Rachel, and Don earlier, and that was a good way to spend the morning. Actually, I have been enjoying just staying home and not having to rush and go to church and be in charge of things. For those of you who may not know, I resigned as choir director in November. That decision was the best one I have made in a long, long time. The pressure of always having to be there, never being able to go out of town, never being able to spend time with family on vacations, etc., etc., was just too, too much. Mamma was really sick with cancer, I was working on my Ph.D., I was working two jobs as usual, I was in charge of the women's group at church and Missions, etc., etc., and it was all starting to crash down around me. I have enjoyed being released from so many pressures. I have even stopped drinking coca-cola, and that is a great accomplishment! I don't even crave them anymore :)
So, today is another Sunday full of lots of choices and time to spend with family. Last Sunday, Saramina, Mina, Rachel, Adam, Susan, Kate, and I went to see Marley and Me. The movie was surprisingly good. We all had a great time together. I had not been to the movie theatre in a while, so it was a nice change. There are not many movies out there anymore in which I am particularly interested. The movie industry is just not what it used to be. Here I go talking like such an old timer. "In my day, things were different." hahahaha The cat keeps getting up here on the computer desk trying to get my yogurt (Cabot Greek style Vanilla), so I should stop for now and get him something to eat. I may post some more wandering thoughts later. I hope you all have a terrific Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I have been debating on whether or not to go see that movie but since you say its good i might have to go! I admire you for quitting cokes! i have been trying to cut back to 1 a day but im not sure if i ever will be able to completely stop!!!

    ReplyDelete