Saturday, January 3, 2009

Fireplaces


I have hesitated in making a fire in the fireplace for maybe ten years, because some birds were making nests in the chimney.



I thought the smoke would back up into the house and make the living room all smoky, smelly, and yucky. I don't know why I thought the bird's nest would do that, but I did. Last night, I found out that I was being way too cautious. Rachel and Don came over and suggested making a fire. Don had some wood, and I thought it would be a nice thing to try. The smoke went right up the chimney like it was supposed to! We had a really nice time just watching the fire.
I stayed up way too late just enjoying the fire until it went out. After watching Robin Williams on Jay Leno, I left a small bit of it burning and went on to bed. That guy is still as crazy as ever! I am going to put up a couple of pictures from our night. I hope you all have a good Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment