Monday, June 28, 2010

Big 14!



My nephew had his 14th birthday yesterday. It was a big birthday for a big boy, or should I say 'guy'. He is now over six feet tall and has a big build. He comes by that honestly. My dad and brothers are big guys, and my grandpa was big. His other grandpa is tall, too. John William will be playing football this year. He is what I call a gentle giant, and he does not have a mean bone in his body. He loves to read, and he has his nose in a book all the time! The toughness of football is taking a while to get used to: the running, the weightlifting, etc. I hope he makes it! One of my brothers is the offensive line coach this year for John William's new school, so that is making it easier for him to feel okay about it. The upper classmen are urging him on with positive remarks and by helping him, so that is also a plus. Anyway, we went to Ruby Tuesday's for his birthday dinner and then to his house for cake (the baseball cake that I made).
I visited a different church Sunday, and my aunt and cousin went there with me. After church, I took my aunt out to the birthday party, and she had a good time. She is wearing sunglasses now when she goes outside. As we were leaving the restaurant, I told everyone to look at her new shades. My sister got her to do a 'thumbs-up' and took a picture of her. I am going to add it here. Then at the party, we put a big happy birthday hat on her, the shades, and gave her a pinata guitar to hold. We used to do stuff like that to my mom all the time and had lots of fun.



So, I had a good weekend with family. Family is what it is all about!!

2 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures....good for JW, trying something new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pic of Grandma!!!! I cant believe how big JW is.

    ReplyDelete