Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I cooked a lot of food: macaroni and cheese, green beans, ham, turkey, sweet potato souflee, pumpkin bread, spice cake, red velvet cake, etc.

I made a red velvet ladybug cake for our little visitor, Savannah. She is four months old, and we saw her for the first time yeserday. The theme of her room is ladybugs, so I made a ladybug cake in her honor.




I also made a spice cake and attempted to put fall colored leaves on the top.



The pumpkin bread turned out really well. It was nice and moist. Last year, I found a nice mold/cake pan for the fall season, and the recipe for the pumpkin bread was in it. You can see the mold shapes in the bread.




Our nephew came home from Ft. Riley, with his wife and new baby. Yesterday was also the first time we all met Corey.

We had some other visitors with us for Thanksgiving, too. Ellen invited an Army family to come spend the day with us. She has taught the two boys, and she knew they would enjoy being with a big family for Thanksgiving. The father has just returned from Afghanistan, and he really seemed to enjoy the day. They all did.

It is nice to be able to share a day like Thanksgiving with people who are far away from home.

I am including pictures of my cakes. I was really pleased with the little ladybug. It turned out a lot better than my first attempts at the little bug!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and are continuing to have a wonderful weekend holiday!!

1 comment: