Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Music

I love music. My mamma used to tell me that all my life I would just burst out into song at any moment! She said that I did this from the time I was very small until...well...NOW! I do that all the time. Everything reminds me of a song or some piece of music. I often sing a song when someone says something that reminds me of a show tune or some other type of song that fits the bill! People look at me funny when I do that, but I just smile and tell them why I thought of the song! I lost my music for a while, during a hard time in my life, but I have gotten it back. I am singing in the choir again. For quite a few years, I allowed someone to take my music away. I missed it so...but I got it back again. Then, I lost it again. Now, I am trying very desperately to get it back and the joy that comes with it. I have a poster in my classroom that says: Kind words are the music of life. Isn't that an interesting way to promote positive attitudes and kindness to others?!
Music, it is in my soul. It is in my innermost being. Music is ME!!

2 comments:

  1. It is a gift...wish I had it!! I remind myself that when i get to heaven I will have a beautiful voice! Just listened to a clip on FB that I LOVED. The four guys who sang Jean Val Jean in LesMis sing in a quartet! Amazing!!!It is being released in Britain..hope it makes it across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are blessed to have a great singing voice! i love music but i cannot carry a tune! :) i was going to comment on your sweet post about Grandma but all those weird comments were on there so i didnt.

    ReplyDelete