Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Tree


I finally got a new tree! I splurged and bought a new one this year. I also bought a new revolving stand, since mine bit the dust last year! My tree and stand are both 17 years old, so I guess they have both served their purpose. I bought both of them when I moved into this house. My old tree sheds just like real trees, so I needed a new one.

I saw one that I really liked at Michael's, but it was $349! I thought, "NO WAY!" Well, I went to Lowe's and Target looking for trees, and I saw some that I liked. I just couldn't make myself buy any of them. Susan called me Sunday to tell me that she saw a good tree at Michael's that was on sale. I went over there Monday, and the tree that was my favorite one WAS ON SALE!!!! I bought it!

We got out of school early today, because we were supposed to have really bad weather. As soon as I got home and walked through the door, I started moving things around in the living room to make space for the tree. Rachel, Adam, and Vicky came over (very unexpectedly), so they helped me get everything done. I would not have it put up if they hadn't helped. The stand needed some adjustments, which they did easily. The tree was very heavy, and they helped with that greatly. It has prelit white lights on it, so it looks good even without ornaments. I haven't put any of those on it yet. I decided not to buy any NEW ornaments this year, since I had to get a tree and a stand. We shall see how long that decision lasts! I have held pretty stern to it so far, though.

The tree is 7 1/2 feet tall, and it is very wide. The type of tree that it is supposed to be is a Connelly Pine. I have never heard of that kind, but it is pretty. The tree was made in China, so it might be something they have over there :) I have also been worried about getting sick from something that they might have used to make the tree that is not good for humans (with all the news about their paint and stuff, you see). I'm just a big sissy and worrier about that stuff.

Now, I need someone to help me get into the attic and get all of my ornament boxes down. I have new attic steps, and they are not as big as my old ones. They are more sturdy, but they will take a bit to get used to climbing. I have been moving stuff and cleaning and moving stuff all night. My house is always a big mess, you see.

Anyway, I have one step towards the Christmas season completed. I will keep you posted on my progress. Merry Christmas everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Your tree is so pretty....post another picture with the ornaments. I do not need to buy any more either but they are so tempting.

    ReplyDelete