Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas


Hi!
I don't have many pictures to post, because I CAN'T FIND MY CAMERA!!!!!!
I took some with my phone, but they turned out fuzzy. I do have a couple of pictures that turned out okay, but not many. This first picture is my table of Nativity sets. I used to only have the one small glass one. I splurged and bought Rachel and myself the Willow Tree set a couple of years ago. I have other types, as well, so I thought I would put them all on a table together.

We had a wonderful Christmas. The day went smoothly, it was calm and peaceful, and we had a great time. Adam and Vicky went to Miami, and they were greatly missed. Thomas, the fireman, had to work. William and his family were in Tennessee. Even though we were not all in attendance, we had a terrific day.
I made a Santa Claus cake and a Christmas tree cake. By the time I got around to icing them, it was time for dinner. So, I had to hurry! Santa has a crooked smile, and his face didn't get tinted, so everything is either white or red! Ellen wanted to watch me ice the cakes, and she tried her hand at doing stars. She made the red stars for the tree cake. She helped me mix the red color, so she wanted to do something with the red icing! HA! I colored the cake with Juniper and Leaf green, and I think it looks like a fir tree. I used the tip that makes hair, grass, etc. so that the tree would look like it had pine needles. I guess for a rush job, they both turned out okay. I baked them at 2 am on Christmas Eve, but I didn't get time to ice them until right before dinner the next day.


















Rachel and I are going to Asheville, North Carolina tomorrow. She gave me a Christmas gift of a trip to the Biltmore Estate. I hope to find my camera by then. Just in case I can't find it, I have my old camera ready as backup. I have the old battery on the charger right now! We will have lots of pictures to post, I hope!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

I bought myself a new tree this year, but then I took it back to the store. There was something in that tree, paint or whatever, that I was allergic to, so I took it back. My old tree is doing just fine. Since I took the tree back, I didn't have a present for myself. HA! But, I found two name brand leather pocketbooks at TJ Maxx that I opted to buy. I saw them on Christmas Eve, and carried them around the store, but then I put them back before checking out. So, I went back to the store Saturday morning to find them. I had put them way in the back on a hanger, and they weren't there. I panicked and walked around and around the pocketbook section. Finally, I found them! I got one Lucky Brand and one Betsey Johnson brand. The Lucky Brand is the kind of bag that I love to buy, and I have several. The Betsey Johnson is a new one. It is a big, really huge, black bag that is called a Cat-Alina Shopper. The leather is made to look like a Cheetah print, so that is where the name originates. I did not pay the real price. No way would I spend that much money on a pocketbook!! TJ Maxx is a fun little treasure place. You never know what you might find.
Happy day after the day after Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment