Monday, December 21, 2009

Shopping

Shopping makes me crazy. I really do not like to get in the Christmas crowd, but I had to do it. I have not had time to shop, as usual, for Christmas, so, I was forced to go out into the madness today. I didn't get much - not what I needed anyway. I was able to buy a couple of things, but I am way behind. I finally figured out that I would go to Walgreen's and buy a few gift cards to restaurants. That made sense to me, since no one really needs any gifts. I just walked around and around that silly mall and got more and more confused about what to do. Oh well, maybe that kept me from spending too much money unecessarily. Lauren, age 9, told us yesterday that Christmas is not about giving gifts. It is about the birth of Jesus! (from the mouths of babes!!!!) I thought that statement was really profound. Anywho, I do want to do some shopping, but I will have to wait until tomorrow. As for tonight, I am going to try and get some decorations on the tree. I got some out last night, but I didn't have any hooks for them. I still have tons of ornaments in boxes to take out, so there is a major task awaiting me in the living room. I guess I should get in there and get busy! Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. gift cards are popular with my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas would be so easy if there were no gifts involved! :-)

    ReplyDelete