Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Azaleas

     On my most recent bike ride, I took pictures of some of the azaleas in bloom around the neighborhood. They are all in different stages of growth. 
     I found a new blooming tree, also. It is a red bud tree, with pretty little purple flowers. The azaleas are all different shades of pink. Some are light pink, some are deep pink, and some are a reddish pink. 
     When the flowers are not in bloom, all you see are just big green bushes! If you didn't know they were azaleas, you might wonder why someone would have such bushes in their yard! When they are in bloom, there is nothing more beautiful. A full bush of azaleas is a wonder to behold. As soon as the bushes are full, I will post more pictures.




These pretty pinks are beginning to bloom.This bush will be completely full very soon!
Here is a little Redbud tree in a park.




This pretty little azalea is showing off some of our light pink colored azaleas.

Here is a pretty, pink Tulip tree. It is a late bloomer! Most of these trees have already bloomed and shed their flowers.
















     
     These two azaleas are in mid-bloom. These two bushes are at my parents' house. They will be a glory to behold, when they are in full bloom. I could post a picture from last year to show you, but I am going to wait until they are finished blooming. Then, you can compare their looks.

     Today is a rainy day, so I do not think I will be getting out much. The dreary weather is not exactly helpful for anyone's mood. My eyes do not work well in the rain, for driving, so I guess I will be stuck at home today. I did open the front door to look out and get some visibility into the real world. I always open my blinds as soon as I get up every morning. I love the sunshine coming in through the windows. All of my lights and lamps are turned on, as well. There was sunshine earlier, but now it is dark and rainy. So, I am writing this blog post for comfort! 

     Perhaps I will do some baking. That always cheers me up. I also have a lot of cross stitch projects that I want to start. It has been 30 years since I "stitched" anything big, so I am looking forward to starting that again. There are two LED lamps that I can use, along with my tall floor lamp. So, I should be okay with lighting. I also purchased a nice magnifier to use that will help me see the patterns and the little squares on the fabric. When I get something started, I will post it on here.

     There is a big pot of homemade vegetable soup in my refrigerator calling my name, so I think that I will go heat up a bowlful and enjoy the morning. Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. The Savannah Azaleas are truly a sight to behold. We do not have many here in NoAla but the forsythia are blooming right now and they are so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bushes are filling up more every day!

    ReplyDelete