Monday, March 23, 2020

Angels

Angels are all around us. They are in the birds singing in the trees. They are in the flowers that bloom. They are in the beauty of the sky. Most of all, they are in our hearts. Our loved ones will always be with us in our hearts. Our memories of them cannot be taken away. I visited the cemetery the other day and left more glass stones as a memory of the visit. My parents' lot is near the Jewish section of the Bonaventure Cemetery, in Savannah. We have noticed that little pebbles are often left on the Jewish tombstones to represent visits. So, my brother and I have taken on that tradition. He leaves pebbles. I purchased colored glass stones to leave. So last week, I put pink stones to represent all of the girls and blue or green stones to represent all of the boys. At first, I only put enough for the children and grandchildren. Then, I thought that the daughter and son in laws should also be added. So, there is one there for everybody in the family! My parents loved us all so much, that it was only right to put a stone to represent everyone.  So far, the stones have remained on top of the tombstone. There have only been a few that slid off during a rainstorm. Luckily, they are right there on the ground and can be put right back in place!



The little angel that I have been cross stitching is almost finished. I have everything on there except for the halo. That will need to be placed on after the other angels are in place. That is because there is a lot of outlining that needs to be done, first. The wings are made out of a shiny piece of ribbon. Sewing that in was interesting, but I did it! Can you see the silver in the wings? They are made from a shiny ribbon. This project is slow going, but it is fun. There are two more angels that go in the picture, but they will have to wait a while to be stitched. I may go on to do some other things for a while. The head may look sideways. That is because the hair from the angel on the right will be right up next to this one. The wings will all be together, too.



It feels like rain today. I rode 6 miles on my bike Saturday morning. It was hot, and I got worn out. As the hotter weather approaches, riding times will need to be done either in the early morning or at night. I rode at 10 on Saturday, and it was already hot. One day last week, I saw what I think was a bluebird. At first, it looked like a robin. There are many robins out and about these days. It looked different, though. Later that day, I saw a friend post a picture of a bluebird. That made me think that maybe the bird I saw in the park was a bluebird. I have looked for it every day since then, but it has not reappeared. There are some blue jays out, now. They just showed up this week. The cardinals are always here. The robins started coming out about a week ago.  The mockingbirds are out, too.

My granddaughter, age 5, came over the other day and was awed by my cross stitch pictures. "You sewed that?!", she said.  "Can I help you with the angel?"  So, I showed her a little kit that I purchased a few years ago and told her that she could start that one. It is called, "My First Stitch", and it is a picture that says, "Cutie Pie". She was all excited, and we started right in on it.  She got SIX whole stitches done, before she and my daughter had to leave. She didn't want to stop! Hopefully, she and my other granddaughter can share the task of making this cute picture and take it to hang up in their house. They both love creating things. My older granddaughter, age 8, is always making something out of anything!



I found a new YouTube channel to watch. It is two guys from Norway who post knitting shows. I do not knit, but I do enjoy visiting with these two guys. They are Arne & Carlos. They normally do a weekly episode all about knitting, and you can find their shows from this current time and back a few years.  Since the quarantine, they have been doing a daily show. I just love watching them. They took a cruise in February. Since they were out of their country during the last week of that month, they were put on a 14 day quarantine. They are both well, but this was something that their government imposed on all travelers. So, they are posting Monday - Friday to help other people get through all of this that is going on in the world today. Their kind manner is just so calming to the soul, that I really look forward to spending time with them every day.  There is also a post that they do sometimes about their dollhouse. They did one this weekend, and it was really heartwarming. If you have the time or the interest, check out Arne & Carlos on YouTube. Their Day 5 episode is really fun. They were getting some old knitting projects out of a bag, and more and more kept coming out. Carlos said, "It's like Mary Poppins in here." He wasn't even trying to be funny. I do enjoy them. They have a facebook page, a blog, and a shop, as well. Apparently, they used to be in the Textile Industry. They have written a book about knitting, and they design awesome patterns for knitters. Their weekly tutorials and knitting shows are very informative and interesting. These shows almost make me want to learn how to knit!

Take care of yourselves, and keep busy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment