Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Summer is almost over

I have been to my school twice this week. That means that summer is almost over! We start back on Monday. This summer was just too short, but I think I need to go back to work in order to have a vacation! haha  Things around here have been a bit, more than a bit, hectic during these summer months. I have enjoyed my trips to the beach, and I might just take another trip tomorrow. Otherwise, I have been around the house taking care of my daddy. He has been sick most of the summer. He was sick with respiratory things most of the beginning of the summer, and then he went into the hospital with pneumonia. He got a bit better, but he has been fighting the respiratory illness all month. He is doing a little better today, thank goodness. I took Adam to school today, and he helped me move all of my supplies and materials downstairs to my new room. I could not have done the moving of all of that by myself, and I am thankful that Adam went to help me. As far as setting up the room, that will have to wait. It is still full of kindergarten materials, and last year's bulletin boards and wall things are still up. Hopefully, the teacher from that room will move those things this week, so that I can set up my room.
I baked a chicken and a ham today. The ham will be good for a few days. The chicken might turn into something else tomorrow! haha
We went to the Farmer's Market Saturday and got some fresh vegetables. I have used them all up, though. We only got a small amount. I thought veggies in the grocery store were expensive, but the veggies from the farmers are even higher priced! Oh well...they were good. I also got some peanuts and boiled them. They were huge!
I'm not sure what will go on the rest of this week, but I hope that another trip to the beach happens!
Summer is almost over, but there are still several days left. I must make the best of them! I finally found some 'anchors' for my beach umbrellas, so I must try them out. Now, maybe the umbrella will not roll down the beach with the wind!!
Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment