Friday, July 19, 2013

Cuddins'

Cuddin' ... is that a real word? Well, in my mother's family it is~ HA~
She used to talk about some of her relatives by saying, Cuddin' Effie, or Cuddin' Sue! haha~
This past weekend, I was able to visit MY cuddins. Rachel drove the car for me, and she, Dora, and I went to Alabama to visit Marvin and Arlene. Marvin's mamma and my mamma were dear sisters. During our growing up years, our families were very close.
We had an awesome time visiting with the Grimms~

We had a terrific supper Friday night, made especially by Arlene - ziti and sausage! yum
The coconut pie and chocolate bars that she made were out of this world!
Then, we went antiquing Saturday. We also enjoyed a yummy lunch of pimento cheese, orange salad, and some great big girl chicken fingers! Also, we had more coconut pie! For supper, we had delicious barbecue from a nice little local place. It was awesome! Amelia came by to visit and eat lunch with us on Saturday, too. We had a great time with her. Amelia, Rachel, and Dora all have the same middle name of Morel, which is my grandmother's maiden name. Aren't they beautiful!!

We went to church on Sunday, and I enjoyed the music immensely. The guitarist who played the solo during communion was fantastic! Arlene told me that he is her doctor! A doctor and a terrific guitarist, how about that! For dinner on Sunday, we went out to a neat little restaurant that is located in an old train station. Marvin and I had the Poulet de Normandy, and Rachel and Arlene had the pot roast. Needless to say, Rachel and I shared our meals, and Marvin and Arlene shared theirs. That way, we could all enjoy both entrees! I had never eaten Poulet before, and I really enjoyed it. The meal is made of chicken and dressing mixed together. I'm going to make some of that real soon. I need to get Arlene's coconut pie recipe, too! The pot roast was extremely tender and delicious. Amelia came back over for another visit, and we were excited to be with her again! Sunday night, we had a smorgasbord of awesomeness...leftovers from the entire weekend! Everything was delicious again!!
Marvin and Arlene finally got a hold of Dora! She was playing coy with them all weekend.



Monday morning, we all got up to eat breakfast and visit before leaving for home. Marvin left to go to work, and Rachel and I enjoyed being with Arlene for a little while longer. Can you tell how much fun Dora was having visiting her cuddins? 

We left around nine our time and made the drive home. Luckily, we missed the bad traffic in Atlanta both times through! We stopped at the Tanger outlet, and Rachel found two sweaters at J.Crew that she really liked. We had a fantastic weekend. It was really great to be able to relax and just visit with the cuddins!! I'm using some of Arlene's pictures here, because most of mine didn't turn out too good on my phone camera!
Thanks, Marvin and Arlene, for the great visit!!


 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you came and that you had a good time!! We enjoyed having you!!

    ReplyDelete