Saturday, July 27, 2013

More Cuddins'

This week, I was able to visit with more cousins...my Hooper cousins from the north Georgia Mountains. My Daddy is from Rabun County in north Georgia. My cousin, Kathryn, and her family came to Tybee Island this week. Kathryn's mamma was my daddy's dear sister. Kathryn and her sister, Gail, are our only cousins on my daddy's side of the family, and we were always close during our growing up years. Kathryn's children and grandchildren were able to come. Daughter Erin and her sons Chris, Alex, and Ethan. Erin's husband couldn't make this trip. Daughter Karina, her husband Tony, and their children Eden and Zeb!!


Kathryn and Dewilla

Here are five of the six first cousins: Dewey, Susan, Dewilla, Kathryn, and William, with Daddy!


Kathryn's family rented a condo at the Brass Rail for the week. They were all extremely excited to be at the beach and to be able to spend an entire week together on vacation. When people grow up and have their own families, it is often difficult to get them altogether for occasions such as this.
Erin is Kathryn's oldest daughter, and she has three teenage boys - Chris (6' 4" and 16 years old), Alex, and Ethan. They all came in town on Wednesday to visit with Daddy!!

Excuse the fuzzy picture. My photographer has shaky hands!! Ooops...I'm the photographer!


Erin and Daddy

 
Adam got home from school right as the cuddins' were leaving to go to River Street. He posed for a couple of pictures! This picture is of  Erin, Adam, Karina, and Zeb.


 Karina is Kathryn's youngest daughter, and she has two young children - Eden is 3 years old, and Zeb is 10 months old. They are sweet little ones! This picture is of Dora and Eden, at Tybee!

Dora is 1 1/2 years old, and Eden is 3 1/2 years old.



Kathryn and family came in town to see Daddy on Wednesday. Daddy really enjoyed seeing them. He even got to hold little Zeb!
 



 Rachel, Dora, and I went to the beach to visit with them for a couple of hours on Thursday. We met them at the Lighthouse, and I got to visit the gift shop and buy some things that I really didn't need! They all enjoyed going up to the top of the lighthouse and looking out across the ocean.
 
Can you see them up there at the tip top?
 


We took them over to the beach, which was right across the road, and visited for a bit. Dora loves the water!!!!!! Can you see her kicking? I used the Zoom lens for this one.

 
 
Rachel and Dora with Karina and Zeb, at the Lighthouse
Sweet cousins and terrific mammas!!
 

Then, I had to come home and take Daddy to the doctor for his checkup. He has been sick again. He just can't shake this respiratory illness. The doctor gave him more medicine, so I hope it will clear up soon.

The cuddins' will be heading home today. We had two nice visits with them. I know they had  wonderful time on their vacation, and I hope they get to come back one day!

Here is a picture of Kathryn with Daddy!


Have a great week!!

2 comments: