Thursday, August 2, 2012

More reunion pics

After my first posting about the reunion, many pictures were posted on our facebook page. I am going to put some of them on here. I am sure that many more will be posted, so I may continue to add them as they come.

This picture is of the whole group at the country club that we went to on the first night. Some people say that this place is very elite, so they were impressed at the ability to have our group there. The club has wood all around, walls, staircases, etc. You can tell that it is an older establishment.



This group is singing to our illustrious event planner. I was asked to sing "We've Only Just Begun". I thought it was a song that people had requested for the reunion. I sang the lead, and the others attempted a backup. It was pretty funny, because they had not realized that they were going to do this. We had technical problems, so it was done "a cappella"!  I found out later that Paul did NOT like the song. Apparently, on their senior trip, this song was played over, and over, and over, and over again on the bus...much to the boys' chagrine. So, this song was kind of as a trick to him. I did not know this, and I sang with all my might! It was great fun, and we all did a good job (without any musical accompaniment).





We had a great time at the Pfister Hotel, the Wisconsin Club, Mader's German restaurant, the Germanfest, and the Cruise. Also, the optional activities were a treat.

Here is the brave crew that headed out to find the mysterious Cheese Factory! The name of it was the Clock Tower Creamery, so we headed out to the Clock Tower. This place was supposed to be 1 mile from our hotel. About an hour later, there was a clock tower but no creamery! Also, before we got all the way to the tower, it started pouring down rain! We were all wet and some were very upset! After several downpours, we all ventured back out and caught the city bus. We were deposited several blocks from the hotel, drenched and tired. Let me tell you that Milwaukee city blocks are a LOT longer than our city blocks. All was well, though. A few of us went into the cheese factory and listened to the guy talk about making cheese. The rest of the crew went into the nearest restaurant (bar) and stayed for a while. Of course, this picture was taken at the beginning of our journey - thus the smiles!! haha  There were no smiles at the end of the journey, unfortunately. There was a BIG story to tell, though!! I think we walked about six or ten miles, rather than one. 

The next set of pictures is of the wonderful art museum. The architecture is of the sails of a boat outstretched. At certain times of the day, the sails curl up and close. It was a sight to see!






My big accomplishment at the reunion...I graduated from Bitburg American High School, and I have the diploma to prove it!!  We had a mini graduation for each person who had to leave Germany before they graduated. This ceremony and these diploms meant a lot to each and every one of us!!!!!!



Class of 1971


Class of 1972


 
Class of 1973 (MINE)

 
Class of 1974

 
I haven't found a Class of 1975 photo yet. I will get one soon. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment