Sunday, August 19, 2012

Blogging?

I haven't been on here to blog in a while, because I was writing the first three chapters of my dissertation. It is now in the hands of my advisor. Soon, I will be editing, editing, editing.
August has brought forth several birthdays, too. I made Christmas themed cakes for my brother, a Tangled cake for my niece, and a zebra striped cake for my daughter. I am now the mother of a THIRTY year old! My goodness how time flies. So, I have been pretty busy around here lately. After I sent in my three chapters, I took a dip in the pool where Rachel lives. Dora loves the water, and she just kicks like crazy. I have pictures to prove it, and they show her concentration as she kicks!
The next day, we took a trip to the beach. Alas, it was really  HOT, and the baby was uncomfortable. PLUS, my umbrellas did not want to stay put in the ground. One of them decided to take a trip down the beach!!!! I could not catch it. Luckily, a young man caught it for me. It was rolling over and over all the way down to the water. The other one styayed in the sand for a little while longer, but the wind was too heavy and blew it down, too.  So, we opted to come home. We did not want Dora to get sunburned or anything.
                                                         Watch those feet!
                                                           
                                                                 Concentration

 

                                                                  Focus!


                                                       Look at that concentration!!



                                                              This is fun. I love the water!


                                      
                                       Now, I finally know why I've been practicing my kicking!!


My niece wanted her daddy, my brother, to have a Santa Claus birthday. So, I made Santa Claus and a Christmas tree. I put lots of sparkly sugar on Santa. He twinkles, don't you know!!


My niece turned SIX the next week, and she had ordered a Tangled cake for her party. We tried to have a tower, but it kept falling apart. Ellen made it out of rice krispie treats like we read about, but it wouldn't stay toether. I decorated it with fondant that I had imprinted with bricks,and I put the vines and flowers on it, but the rice krispies just fell apart. That was okay, because the actual cake part was fine. I imprinted cobblestones on some fondant, that I had colored light brown, to put on the outside of the cake. Green was the top color, and I put colorful flowers all around. Then to top it off, I had all of the character figurines from the movie to put on top of the cake. So, we didn't miss the silly old tower anyway :)




My daughter turns THIRTY on Tuesday. She decided to have a breakfast party today. I made a cake for her using those new sugar sheets in a ZEBRA pattern, and then I made a red fondant circle and red trim. I cut a 30 out of the zebra print and put little Pops of zebra around the thirty ( to look like an explosion ). We all had a great time.





School starts back for me tomorrow. We are in a brand new building, so there is a lot of unpacking to do. Then, I will try to decorate the room. The students come back next Monday, so there is plenty of time to get things organized. I went in one day and got a few things done, so I am a little bit ahead on that part. Our school is beautiful, and I am so very excited to be in a new building, with new furniture, and new walls, new floors, new everything!!

I will try to be better about blogging. I know that a lot of editing is coming my way, but I will try not to let it take over my life like the first part of the writing did. I was at the computer for twelve and sixteen hours a day for a while. It will all be worth it soon, though.

Talk to you later!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you have a brand new classroom...post some pix when you get it decorated.

    ReplyDelete