Sunday, August 22, 2010

Rachel


Rachel Morel Hedgecoth Watford

Today is my daughter's 28th birthday! I was so excited on the day she was born, because I finally had my little girl. She was so extra special, and she still is. I made a cake for her last night, staying up until 3:30 a.m. We had a big storm last night, and my dad came over for a few hours while his electricity was out. So, I got a late start making the cake. She wanted one kind of like my fourth of July cake, so I tried, only it is purple and white, rather than blue, red, and white HA!! She asked for a yellow cake with fondant. I made homemade fondant Thursday night, and it was ready to use Friday night. I made some royal icing to make flowers tonight to put on the cake, but they have to dry before being added to the cake. I have pictures of what it looks like so far, though. The fondant tried to kind of, well... melt! Plus, each cake layer broke when coming out of the individual pans!! SO, this cake was a bear to ice!! I put edible glitter all over it, too, so that should add some sparkle!I made a drape and ran it around and up the cake. I am going to add some pansies on the cake tomorrow, after they dry into candy! I will post a final picture of the cake later. I have had trouble getting just the right angle shot to make the cake look decent in a picture, but here is a good try. Excuse the mess in my kitchen! I really need to learn how to use photoshop!!!! haha




Rachel does so many things for me that I cannot even list them all here. She has been my rock for a long, long time, and I love her dearly. Rachel is a special person in this world, and I am so happy and privileged to have her as MY DAUGHTER!!

I love you, Rachel, Rachie, Rachiepoo, poopidoo, sweetiepie!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God for giving me a most wondrous gift, my baby Rachel, August 21, 1982!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment