Monday, August 30, 2010

Emmy's

Hello,
I have pretty much stopped watching award shows, but the Emmy's were on last night while I was switching channels...and I stopped to view them for a while. I watched until my favorite actor won for Best Supporting Actor in a comedy! I was so excited for him. He plays Sheldon on the funny Big Bang Theory. He was up for this last year, too, but that stupid Baldwin guy got the award. He isn't funny! Then, I watched a few of Jimmy Fallon's silly things and went to bed. I am very happy that my other favorite show, "Modern Family", won for best comedy, instead of that stupid "30 Rock" show. Ha! I am calling everything stupid, oh well... I stopped having any respect for the creator of that show when she started picking on the children of Sarah Palin. I thought her imitation of Palin was fine, but when she started talking about the kids, that was ridiculous. I didn't get to see Modern Family win, though, because I was in dreamland!
I have about had enough of Betty White, too. She is being portrayed as a sweet, old thing, yet she has always been famous for being a sexual innuendo kind of a comedienne/actress. I guess people nowadays don't know that, or they forgot that. She is just doing the same stuff she has been doing for years...but she is 88 now, and I suppose that makes it funnier or something.
I finally watched the movie called "50 first dates" the other night. I watched up until the end, that is. I FELL ASLEEP RIGHT BEFORE THE END!!!! I cannot believe that! I do not even know how it ended. The show was really cute, so I hope to see the end of it some day.
The first day of school was today. It was fine, but I had an excruciating toothache all day. Actually, that pain started in the middle of Friday night and woke me up! I had the beginning of a root canal back in July, and it never got finished. The dentist hit a nerve when he gave me the shot, and my mouth has been numb since. I suppose it WOKE UP Friday night and OUCH!! I called today for an appointment and got one for 3:30, but since it was the first day of school I couldn't leave early to go. So, I couldn't get another appointment until September 14th!! The dentist said I probably have an infection in that tooth, and he called in a high powered Amoxicillin for me (875mg). That medication will hopefully calm down the pain and swelling, too. I wish I had just made him pull that tooth out in July, but he talked me into a root canal and possible bridge. Sheesh! Now maybe he will understand why I want the silly things pulled. I have terrible teeth!!!!!!
So, we are beginning another new school year. It seems like we never left the school! I hope that I have a good experience this year. I know it will be a busy one.
Take care and stay cool. We still have a lot of hot days ahead of us before Fall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment