Saturday, February 21, 2009

What A Day!

Well, it started off with the new dog not being able to wait two more minutes to go outside, if you know what I mean. After taking time to clean that up, I left very early, 6:45 a.m., to pick up a student to take to our Odyssey of the Mind competition. Twelve hours later, 7 p.m, I got home. This has been a stressful day. No one realizes the stress that encompasses it all when you are a teacher/coach/leader of a bunch of kids who are not your own, especially all day at a stupid competition. Did I say that I detest competitions? Well, I do. I only do them because I have to do them for my job. I do not like competitions of any sort. I do not like little league, little basketball, jr. or sr. high sports, etc. I just don't like competitions! What use is it anyway? I don't think it teaches anything except WIN, WIN, WIN, and that doesn't mean a thing. What means something is whether or not you are learning anything through a process, not how to win at all costs.
SO, that is my RANT for the evening. I am tired and tuckered out. My body is giving way, and I need to relax, but I don't know how.
Well, on the lighter side, is there a lighter side? Yes, the competition is OVER AND I PASSED MY COMPS!! Okay, so life is pretty good right now.
I hope everyone is doing well, if there is anyone out there reading this stuff.
Have a terrific night and great Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Trying to comment again...we will see if it goes through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Success!!! Hope you are having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete