Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Parade, Spring Break, and Stuff

I went to the St. Patrick's Day parade last month, which is something that I haven't done in a couple of years. I only went this time, because my little granddaughter was going to be there. I had to park one mile away and walk to our 'spot'. Yes, one mile. I found out that the parking lot at my school was empty, so I parked there. Now mind you...this location is not the safest in town, but I am there every day and do not even realize that it is a not so safe place. Anyway, I was by myself and walked down the main streets to the parade. Many people were walking miles to get there, so I was just one of the crowd, really.  After waiting for the parade to get to us and seeing only a few entries, Rachel and Don decided to leave early. So, I hitched a ride with them back to my car and came on home. March 17th was the day that I was supposed to be in Long Beach, California graduating with my Ph.D., but I was in Savannah! There is another graduation in Minneapolis on August 10th, so maybe I will be able to attend that one. I received my official transcript in the mail, opened it, and read: Degree Confirmed - Doctor of Philosophy: Area of Concentration: Curriculum and Instruction: Grade Point Average: 4.0~~!! Whoopie!! That average honors me with graduating with Distinction! I am very proud of myself. The road to this degree was long, but I enjoyed it. There were many obstacles along the way in my personal life, but the work and study kept my mind busy and diverted from the various crises that were going on in my life.
My diploma has come, also, since I started writing this entry. Yippee!!
Now, I await my my 'cap' and gown. I will really receive a little 'tam' like hat, rather than a cap. I am happy to finally get a robe with the stripes on the sleeves!! I am not bragging. I am just very excited and very, very happy to have finally achieved this goal that I had set for myself my entire life. This year will be my 40th year being out of high school, so it took me quite a while to finish my education!! HAHA!! 1973 - 2013, Whew!!

I planted flowers this year!! I love to plant flowers, but I have not had the time to do it in recent years. I have lots of pansies and violets, and they are very pretty. I LOVE THEM!! I got all sorts of colors, too. I went to the dollar store one day and found some cute little pinwheels, so I put them in the garden and on the walkway to the house. They blow furiously in the wind!
I started writing this entry on March 18th. Today is April 6th!! Am I behind a little bit, do you think?






 
Easter Sunday with Dora!!
 I had to add this one of Dora playing with the pots!  All childrens' favorite playground!

Spring Break has come and gone. We go back to work tomorrow.
We took Dora to the Jacksonville Zoo Wednesday. She enjoyed it pretty much. This picture was taken on the train ride, and she enjoyed looking out of the 'window'.

 
On the way out of the zoo, she started walking. She was laughing the whole way!!




Spring break 2013 was one of a kind. We go back to school/work tomorrow. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment