Saturday, January 19, 2013

January

It is almost the end of January, and I have no idea where the month has gone! It seems only yesterday that we were celebrating Christmas and New Year's Day. A lot has been going on, that is for sure. School resumed after the holidays rather quietly, thank goodness. I have been working pretty consistently on my dissertation, and I am happy to announce that I submitted the full dissertation tonight for my advisor to peruse. Of course, this was just the first submission. There are many things yet to do, but the biggest step has been taken!
All seems right with the world, for a change.
Next, I have plenty of work to get done around this house. I have been in school for such a long time, that I have neglected a lot of housework (ugh!) and this place has gotten rather piled up with books, books, and more books...not to mention a plethora of other things piling high to the sky!!
I have promised my children that once I get finished with this Ph.D., I will clean up this house! I suppose I must keep that promise, or they may just take things into their own hands and do a lot of throwing away! I do not want to throw away anything, but I will get this place up to par and out of its rundown, piled high, crazy condition.
I am not quite sure what I will do with myself when all of the editing is done on my dissertation (if there needs to be any). The world is out there waiting for me. The next step in the process will be for my committee to approve my dissertation. Then, the last step in the process is the conference call with my committee, but I think that will be okay. I had one of those last quarter, so now I know what it will be like, and I am not as rattled about it as I was the first time.
My little granddaughter is so adorable!! She is as sweet as pie, and she is always happy. She barely ever cries, and she smiles all the time!
So, things are looking up in the world. I am anxiously awaiting news from my mentor, so that I can finally be settled about this whole thing.
Have a great night and a terrific weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment