Saturday, July 30, 2011

July

July has come and gone. Wow! Most of the month was just a slow summer month. Unfortunately, the last week and a half was spent at the hospital with my daddy. He has not been feeling very well for quite a while. Finally, he just got really weak and feeling very bad. So, we took him to the Emergency room. He was diagnosed with low sodium, which can be very harmful to an elderly person. He spent 8 days in the hospital, during which time he was given IV fluids to raise his sodium levels. I am happy to say that he is at home now and feeling better than ever! We had a scary week, but things are fine now.
I have not had any time to do any writing of any sort, meaning my dissertation. I am on a final extension, so I must remedy that situation. Maybe now that my dad is feeling better, I can concentrate on my writing. It is rather difficult to close yourself up in a house to write when you know your almost 90 year old daddy is sick. Now that I know he is well, I hope the writing will materialize!
My nephew had a birthday Thursday, his 26th. My sister requested a pound cake, so I obliged. That one turned out pretty well and did not need any decorating. It was really a pretty light brown. I didn't think it was going to ever come out of the pan, though! I pounded and pounded that pound cake trying to get it to release from the pan!! hahahaha Finally, it came out all in one piece!
We have some other birthdays coming up, too, and I have to do some specialty cakes. Rebecca will be 13 in August, and she wants a beach cake. I have some ideas, so I hope they will come to fruition. My brother has a birthday right after this one. Also, my daughter has a birthday later in August, and my niece will be 5 right before that(castle cake already requested!). I think we are having theirs on the same day, since they are so close together. Too many birthdays so close together are crazy!
Things are looking up, and summer is rapidly coming to an end (for teachers, that is). Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment