Sunday, July 3, 2011

Catching up and Cakes!



I have not posted any of my cakes in a while, so I will do that now. There have not been that many occasions for making cakes, since all the birthdays were in the Fall! Today, I used fondant to decorate a cake for Rachel's completion of her Master's Degree. I haven't used fondant in a while, and I really enjoy making creations with it. Of course, there is a ton of buttercream icing underneath it all!
At Easter, I made a bunny cake and some cupcakes. I had forgotten about those, until I was looking through my folder for the pirate cake I made last week! For Mother's Day, I attempted to make a teakettle and cups. It didn't turn out too great, because I traveled to my brother's house to make it, and I did not have all the necessary equipment, space, etc. THe amazing thing is that you use the princess carriage pan to make this cake. You can use that pan for other things, too.
We did have a birthday June 1st, though, for Ellen and another one on the 27th for J.William. I made a violin for Ellen, with my guitar pan. Then, I made a pirate, with his treasure chest full of gold, and a pirate ship for JW. His school is called the Raiders, so I made the pirate with skull and crossbones. These two pans have been begging for me to use them, so I put them to good use.
Today, I made a cake for Rachel, since she just finished her Master's Degree. I have a diploma from this school, so I made the emblem that is on the diploma. It took me several hours to do this, as I was working with fondant. The letters are painted with silver dust, but I am not sure if the silver shows up. The camera that is used is the one from my IPhone, so I never can tell what the pics will look like. All of my other cameras bit the dust, so the IPhone is my only source of "picturing".
Here are some of my recent cakes.







No comments:

Post a Comment