Saturday, June 18, 2011

Summer is finally here~

I can't believe it, but summer is finally here! Today was the first real day off from work. I have felt amazingly calm all day, and that is a feat in itself!! After visiting with my daddy for a while this morning, I came home and started going through some dresser drawers. I actually found a few things that have been lost for a long time, and I was able to put together several pairs of earrings that had been lost from each other for quite a while. There is plenty more to do, but a lot got done. My back is aching pretty much, but it is for a worthy cause. I found Adam's birth certificate and Social Security card that we thought were lost somewhere~I had a feeling that both of those things had been put into some type of envelope and taken somewhere for copies to be made, or for some type of official application, or whatever, and I was right! They were together in an unmarked white envelope, so they must have been in that envelope together for some reason. The envelope was on my dresser way back behind some things! We ordered a new birth certificate last year and he got a new SS card last year, also. I found my favorite Fossil watch that I have been wanting to send back to the Fossil people! In order to get a new battery, the watch has to go to Fossil! I also found my little nail clipper with purple on top that I have been blaming everyone else for losing! I also went through my jewelry boxes and located some "missing" items. You see, I dropped both of my jewelry boxes, at different times, flat on the floor, and I am not sure that I got everything back in them. Also, I have a lot of things that I have just been sticking in a drawer or inside a small bowl or whatever, and those things have not been in any kind of order. I am always in such a hurry that I do not take care of things anymore. Now that summer is here, I have GOT to get more things found and organized.
I made a violin cake for my sister in law's birthday, and it turned out pretty well. That is, until I stopped for a red light and it slipped in the car!! I attempted to make a neat little teapot and cups for Mother's Day. It didn't turn out exactly right, but I am going to try that one again. I am making a fish shaped cake for tomorrow, Father's Day. My daddy loves to fish, so I am making the cake in that shape.
I smell the cake, so I better get it out of the oven. TaTa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment