Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Taxes

I did it! I finally did my taxes today, and it only took the whole day! HA! Well, I started this morning and got pretty far, as far as printing them out. BUT, I must have made some mistakes, because I owed a ton. So, I let it rest for a while. Then, I restarted the whole thing. The problem was that the first time, the program kept confusing me about how to file. I have always filed as head of household, but this time I couldn't do it that way. I tried, since I was kind of supporting my son through college still, but things didn't work right. Anyway, long story short, I started all over and am getting back a whopping $18!!
Whew. We have state tax, too, and I am getting back a nice amount there. Georgia still owes me money, though. A few years ago, I was supposed to get back $372, or something like that. Georgia sent me $3.72. I called and called; I sent two more copies of the returns, but they never did fix it. SO, one of these days I am going to be in for a lot of extra money, counting interest. I need to get someone to help me with that, though, rather than doing the Turbo Tax thing.
So, that is off of my mind for now and I hope to fixate on something else now...like my dissertation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You and Rachel need to take a road trip to Alabama....I have a guest room for you!

    ReplyDelete