Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Fun


Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!! It feels like it is still Christmas! Actually, I usually feel more in the Christmas spirit in the days following Christmas Day, than during the days before Christmas Day! The hustle and bustle is gone, and you can just enjoy family and being together. Adam and Vicky were able to come up from Tampa to be with us. They got in around 7:30 on Christmas Eve night. Daddy and I went to Rachel's house to meet them, and we all spent the night together at her house!! That was a lot of fun. On Christmas morning, Rachel and Don went to his dad's house to be with his little brother and sister, and Daddy and I came on home. I had everyone over at my house this year for Christmas dinner, and we had a great time. Rachel helped put up my tree, and I decorated the rest of the house. I actually have kind of a clean house this Christmas, so I was able to do a bit more decorating in the dining room than usual. I like the look, and it will probably stay up for quite a while! Who wants to go up in the attic any old way?? haha My friend Cathy took me to lunch today, as a Christmas present. We went to the Gryphon Tearoom, which is in the old Solomons Drugstore. When I was young, my mamma would take us to this drugstore after dentist appointments for milkshakes! It is now owned by Savannah College of Art and Design and has been turned into a tearoom. Cathy's name is Solomons. Her husband's ancestors actually owned the old Solomons Drugstore. Isn't that interesting! Christmas 2010 has been fun. I have lots of pictures to share. The date on the pictures is not correct. I forgot to fix the date when I put in a new battery. I fiddled with the media player thing-y on the computer and put lots of pictures in a little slideshow. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment