Thursday, December 30, 2010

Pictures of Christmas

I am going to put some pictures up from Christmas. I made a little slideshow of them in my previous post, but they turned out really small. This time, I will write about what they are!
I had a visit today from a friend of mine that I knew when I lived in Germany, as a teenager. She brought her dad with her, and he and my daddy had a nice visit. They are both retired Air Force sergeants. We had a great visit, but I forgot to take pictures!!

At this angle, you can see Rachel and Adam's little paper ornaments that they made when they were just little toddlers!



The view from the living room into the dining room. The girls helped get the table ready!


My Family! Adam, Vicky, me, Rachel, and Don!!


Adam, Julia, and Little Dewey, III



Dewilla, Rachel, and Don


Vicky, Adam, Dewilla


Kane, Kate, Susan, Thomas, and Lauren


Adam and Don "boxing" to a video type simulation game, at Rachel's house.


My 1800's desk with Santa and stuff


My buffet with Santas and Lighthouse ornaments


Vicky and Adam showing Rachel's presents - prints to remind them of their Europe trip


And the stockings were hung...Granna made the one on the left, and Saramina made the other two.


Rachel and Don being silly with the hatchet and axe that I gave Don for Christmas. He loves having a fire in the fireplace, and he needed these little tools for chopping the wood!


Daddy and me at Rachel's house on Christmas morning


Can you see the snow??


My checkerboard cake...It actually turned out pretty good! Susan gave me the pans last Christmas, and I found he red/green/white idea on the Wilton website.


Rachel and Don's 12 foot tree!!


My chandelier with my 12 days of Christmas ornaments and two little stockings.


French doors going to the sunroom


The entry to the dining room


My Nativity sets...I love Nativity sets, and I splurged and bought all of the parts to the Willow Tree set, over a period of a couple of years. I also gave a set to Rachel.


The Hooper family - It took us a while to get everyone together, and it was cold outside! We are missing Don and 'big' Lauren, though. William used his tripod and timer. He almost didn't make it back up to the back row to get in the picture!!

No comments:

Post a Comment