Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Busy-ness

As of today, I have my tree up with most, yes...most, of the ornaments in place. My dear daughter helped me put up the tree and fix the lights. I am no good when it comes to putting on the lights, so I was going to just leave them off this year. I decorated parts of the tree with my collectible ornaments, and I was waiting on the energy to arrive to finish decorating with the rest of the ornaments. The energy has not arrived as of yet, but Rachel came by today and put some lights on the tree for me :) I have been very busy trying to get this house in order, though. I have said before that I am NOT a housekeeper, and my house is ALWAYS a big MESS!! Well, I have the living room and dining room in an acceptable fashion now, but the bedrooms are full of the MESS!! HA! I am getting there folks...I am getting there. Slowly I turn, inch by inch, step by step...Isn't that how that funny comedy skit goes? Well,that is how my housekeeping goes! I have to get things in order, because I will be starting back on my dissertation in January. I must get this placed organized by then, or I will not be able to get my brain organized for writing. I will be spending lots of late night hours again on this computer typing away. I have GOT to do this. I wasted one full year of procrastinating, and it has cost me a bundle. This busy-ness of Christmas is just starting. The weather is cold, but we are getting warmer weather this week. I have been really sick this past week, and I haven't gotten anything Christmas-y done. Today, I have stayed inside trying to get more done around the house. I am not sure if I will brave the weather tomorrow to go to church. I just need to get well before Christmas gets here, so the day may be spent at home again. It is just no fun sitting in church with a stuffy nose and a stuffy head trying to sing hymns or pay attention to the sermon! I will probably stay home where I can blow my nose in private. hahahaha!!
I am getting the Christmas spirit, although I can't get out into the crowds of shoppers right now. Maybe I will just put on my Manheim Steamroller CDs and bounce around the house to their great Christmas music. That sounds like a terrific idea. Talk to you guys later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment