Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hello again

Hello,
What have I been up to lately? Not much...I finally had a root canal done on that stupid tooth! The tooth is fine, but all of the shots wiped me out! I do not tolerate anesthesia very well, so that stuff had me zonked and sleepy and...well...you get the picture! I went to bed extremely early (5, 6, and 7 pm) for the next four days. Crazy, I know.
School so far has been nice and calm for two weeks and counting. I hope it isn't what they call the calm before the storm! HA! All of my students are great, and I really enjoy what I do.
I am hooked on The Young and the Restless soap opera. I can't help it, but I am. I used to run home quickly in time to catch The Guiding Light, but that one has been cancelled. Y&R is on at 12:30 while I am at work, so I watch it online at 6:30! HA! I also found a spoiler site (Toni's spoilers) written by someone in Canada who gets the shows a day ahead of the U.S., so I can read about what is going to happen the next day before I see it! Is that crazy or what!!?? Well, that is my guilty little pleasure. I am a third generation soap fan. My Granna used to watch The Guiding Light, my mom watched The Guiding Light, and then I started watching it. That show was on for over 50 years. I am not sure why CBS cancelled it. CBS just cancelled As the World Turns, also, which was another oldie but goodie for 50 years.
The summer birthdays are all over, but now we will start another rampage of them in October, including mine (double nickels)! Whew! I have had a long enough rest period, I suppose. I will be baking, baking, and baking for a whole month and one week (my brother's is the first week in November). That is okay. I can try out some different styles. All of the ones I did this summer were for kids, but now I can make some for adults. Well, I do have one Mickey Mouse cake to make for my nephew who will be 2 in October, unless we decide on Elmo. I have the MM pan, though, and I don't have Elmo yet.
It is only 7 o'clock, and I am ready for bed. I must think I am a farmer, because I have been 'turning in' mighty early this past week!! Gee willikers Marie! (That is my mom's expression. Isn't it funny? haha)
Well folks, I shall talk to you later. I hope I will have a lot more to say to you the next time. Have a great week!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, maybe, for you kind comments.
    I am afraid you have me at a disadvantage, though. You can read and understand my blog, but I cannot read yours. In what language is your blog written?

    ReplyDelete