Saturday, September 25, 2010

Another weekend is here. It sure doesn't seem like a whole week has passed since last Saturday! I suppose that means I was very busy this week and did not realize how fast time went by me. It is already nearing the end of September, too! You wouldn't know that we are in the season of fall, if you were calculating the seasons by the temperatures! We have had some very hot and muggy days lately, almost like midsummer. One big decision was made this week for me. Since I have not been in a writing mood for my dissertation, and I have not made any progress in a year, I have requested a second extension for my first three chapters. The advisors have decided that I should take a quarter off and regroup. I am perfectly capable of doing the writing, but I have had many things going on in my life that have kept me from actually writing. All of these things are too numerous or personal to list here, but they are almost debilitating. The advisor used a term that I thought 'hit the nail on the head'. He said that many times we become 'paralyzed' by things that life brings us. Paralyzed is the perfect term for me. I went gung ho, fast, quick, almost manic-like during all of my Ph.D. classes and my comprehensive exams. Then, WHAM BAM, I hit a brick wall and could not think about schoolwork. I have been this way for over a year now, yet I was still paying tuition and enrolling each quarter. So, I have been given a reprieve for a quarter, and I hope that I can begin again refreshed and ready to go in January. This break will get me through the holidays (which are always busy), and some serious competition preparations at school. I will be coaching an Odyssey of the Mind team again this year, and that takes a lot out of a person. This particular competition is very stressful for the coach, and I am not looking forward to more stress. As a teacher of gifted children, I am expected to prepare my students for many types of competitions, and that expectation and process can be very exhausting...not to mention extremely stressful! Oh well...I have done it many times, so I imagine I can do it again. Sometimes, I think the 'thought' of it all is more overwhelming than the actual 'doing' of it all! HA!
I need to keep myself thinking more positive thoughts and fewer negative, depressive thoughts. That task is easier said than done, but it is one that I must attempt to achieve. I wish I could say more right now, but my mind will not let me. Although my brain is racing with thoughts, they are escaping as soon as they are entering. So, there ya go!! HA! HA!
I shall return at another time with more random or silly thoughts that seem to be rambling and running through my seemingly overcrowded brain. Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment