Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday, Saturday

Hi,
Another Saturday is here, and I am enjoying doing nothing but relaxing. To tell you the truth, I am just happy to be at home and not in the hospital for a weekend!
I actually fried some bacon for myself for the first time in a long while. It is actually lunchtime right now, though, not breakfast. I shouldn't eat that stuff, but I do love it. Once in a while, I splurge and 'fry it up in a pan'. The secret to its great taste is Lemon Pepper - lots of it! If I could only make delicious biscuits like my Grandma and my Aunts from North Georgia, then that would be the icing on the cake!!
One of my students told me that today is the first day of Spring. I haven't seen that written anywhere, but he was sure that today was the day. He also told me the weather report for the next few days! :) He must have been watching the weather channel or something.
Adam came over a few minutes ago and said that it is a nice day outside. I haven't been out there, so I wouldn't know. I am trying to avoid pollen of any kind, because I am singing a solo at church tomorrow - Alabaster Box. I want to keep away from anything that might clog up my throat and sinuses - perfumes, sprays, dust, pollen, you name it!! I like staying inside anyway. The house could use a good cleaning, but I am not in the mood for that. Anyway, that would stir up tons of dust, now wouldn't it!! Next week might be a good time to try to do some of that, but not now. HA!
Today is nice and quiet. There hasn't been much traffic outside today. I live on a pretty busy street, but the sound of cars riding by hasn't broken the wonderful silence of the day :)
I hope everyone is having a great weekend. We have one more week of school, and then we have our spring break. Yippee! I hope that the weather will remain nice for all of us. I might try to take a day trip somewhere or maybe a trip to Tampa. That would be nice, if I could get someone to go with me and drive! If not, I will just stay home and work on my dissertation. I think that would be the best idea yet!
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment