Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Resting?

Hi again,
I am still at home trying to rest from my second, yes second, stay in the hospital. It seems that I continued to be sick, because I had acquired an infection. Anyway, I was in the hospital Fri - Mon, and now I am recuperating at home. It seems I have done more schoolwork at home than resting! There is a lot of paperwork, calling, worrying, and stuff that one must do when they take off work...lots of paperwork. My son just took all of it to the doctor's office, so maybe I won't have to worry about it for a few days. It still has to be picked up and taken to school, though. I have been emailing work a lot about all of this. Gee whiz. Why can't you just be sick?
I am feeling a bit better. I almost feel like a real person again. It has been a while since I have been well, so I am not sure what it really feels like!
President Obama came to Savannah yesterday. I saw a small portion of his speech. He was here to discuss jobs, small businesses, etc. He went to Savannah Technical College and some other places. He ate at Mrs. Wilkes' boarding house. That is an old place where everyone sits together at big tables to eat real southern cooking. He sat right with regular people who were there for lunch. The mayor took him out for lunch, so he knew a really original Savannah place to get some good food! The CBS news actually had a recording of his lunch visit on the nightly news last night!
Well, I really do not have much to say today. I wanted to pop in for a few minutes. I hope everyone is having a good day! Here is a link to the video of the lunch. I don't know if it will work, but maybe you can copy and paste it!

http://www.wtoc.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=4587680&h1=RAW%20VIDEO%3A%20Obama%20at%20Mrs.%20Wilkes%27%20Dining%20Room&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=95000&LaunchPageAdTag=News&activePane=info&rnd=13534480

No comments:

Post a Comment