Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Mamma













Hello everyone,
Today marks the first anniversary of my mother's trip to heaven. She was such a wonderful mamma!! I love her dearly, and I miss her more each day. Mamma was a fun loving, caring, tender hearted, wonderful person. She loved to laugh, and she smiled all the time. Mamma suffered a great deal over the last three years of her life, but she never let anyone know how badly she was hurting or feeling.

She had a smile on her face all the time. She was a woman of grace who dealt with her suffering with a smile on her face. We all miss her so much!!!! Daddy really misses her.


Today, he wanted all of us to go to the cemetery together to see her and say a few words. I thought it would be a great idea to plant some pansies on her grave, so Susan and I went to Home Depot and got a bunch of them! We have been wanting to do this all year, but never got over there to do it! So today, rain and all, we did it!


We were all there with our umbrellas, big ones and little ones, but the rain didn't bother us a bit. We got our hands all dirty by digging in the dirt, but we didn't care. Luckily, there was a faucet right by our plot, so we washed our hands off before we left. Daddy cooked two roasts, a ham, sweet potatoes, irish potatoes, carrots, peas, and green beans for us. We had a FEAST!! It was great! We also had some terrific gravy and biscuits. Daddy loves to cook, and it made him feel good to do that today. Daddy, Dewilla, Susan, Dewey, Jr., William, Sr., Rachel, Don, Thomas, Amy, Ellen, William, Jr., Rebecca, Lauren, Julia, Dewey,III,Saramina, and Mina were all in attendance. Adam, Kate, Vicky, and big Lauren had to work, so they couldn't come. Adam and Vicky went by earlier and left flowers. Adam sent a text to us "Do not move my flowers", so we left his vase where it was. haha Kate came by Daddy's house earlier today, also, to be with him for a while before she went to work.


We planted the pansies in the corner of the plot, and I believe they look very nice. The rain did not let up all day long, so the pansies will get plenty of watering today and overnight. We will go check on them very soon, to make sure they are still there. I am sure that Mamma is excited to have her pansies with her. Granna, my mamma's mamma, was named Pansy, and pansies are very important to us all. My mamma loved pansies and always asked us to plant some in her front yard every year.

I love my mamma so very, very much, and I miss her more than words can say. Mamma, please keep being silly up there in heaven with Uncle Marvin, George, Raymond, Carter B, Granna, Bubba, WeeWee, and E!! I know your cousins are up there with you having a gigantic cousin's reunion, too! Please remember us all and keep the silliness alive in heaven! We are trying to keep the smiles going and the silliness going at home. I love you, I love you, I love you!!!!



1 comment: