Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cakes


I have been learning how to decorate cakes. I have always loved to bake, ever since I was a kid. I make birthday cakes for everyone, but my decorating skills have been Oh So Amateur. Everyone always laughs at my "decorations". This picture is of the one I did for my 'graduation'. You can see that I put a little bit of everything that I learned: clowns, roses, leaves, sweet peas, shells, etc. I thought it would be fun to put a hodge podge of things on there. It was for fun anyway. I am not one to go by the book or pattern for anything, so I make my own "designs", if you can call them that. Anyway, I signed up for cake decorating classes at Michael's, and I had four lessons in the basics of decorating. I actually learned some neat things. I can make a rose now! Of course, I make quite a few to get just one. haha!
I will put up some pictures of the things I have done, including my birthday cake for Sunday and the one for tonight.

This is a cake that I made for my cousin, Mina. I worked all night trying to make those roses, and I finally got four good ones.


This is my birthday cake,
a PINK LADYBUG. I think it turned out cute.


This Sweetheart Cake is the one that I made for my actual birthday, today. I worked on it late last night. I finally got several good roses, and I got a great pink color.
I have an 'order' to make a cake for 3D's first birthday. 3D is my nephew, and he will be one year old Saturday. I will eiher make a teddy bear, a rocking horse, or a dinosaur, or a giraffe. I have been collecting character cake pans over the years, and I am anxious to try some of them out.


Here I am tonight with my birthday cake. Rachel told me to hold it up. I think she was halfway kidding, because they always get on me about taking pictures of anything and everything! I posed anyway.


Here we are. One is of me and my dad, and the other one is me with my children.
Happy 54th birthday to me!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the pictures of your cakes....that is a good hobby(and tasty too!)

    ReplyDelete