Saturday, May 25, 2013

Almost Summer

I am getting excited about the fact that summer is almost here! School is winding down for the year, and I am grateful for that. Hopefully, this summer will be uneventful and relaxing. It will be the first summer in a very long time that I will not have to worry about studying or anything tense like that. Maybe, I will get to the beach a lot! I hope so, anyway. The beach has eluded me for the last few years. Although I do not go in swimming much, I do enjoy being out and about on the beach. After being stung pretty badly by a jellyfish about ten years ago, I do not exactly run and jump into the water as I once did. I do not exactly want to go 'tanning' either, but I do enjoy just sitting there on the beach, relaxing, with the world and it troubles all gone for a day.
I finally ordered my doctoral robe, tam, hood, etc. Many times before, I have gone online and clicked on all of the things to order, but I never finished it and hit submit. Now, I will expect my regalia in about one month, and that is an exciting thing for me! Attendance at graduation may not come to fruition, but I will have my doctoral regalia to wear, and that is important to me.
My dissertation is now published and copyrighted through ProQuest Publications. I ordered it in book form, and the book is really nice. I could have had it placed on Amazon for people to buy, but I decided not to do that. While doing my research, I was able to find many dissertations and other articles to use without paying for them. So, I want others to be able to use my research for their dissertations without paying for it. If I ever decide to do further research on my topic and publish it, then Amazon can sell my work! HA!!
I am optimistic about this coming summer, and I hope to have a great time doing nothing, maybe a little cleaning up around here, going to the beach, and maybe taking a short trip or two to nearby locations.
Have a great weekend!
 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a good summer!! My summer starts next week with all three grands here on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete