Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Year, My Dogs, My Cat, and Lasagna

The new year has begun! What a cold day we have had today!! For a deep southern town, we have been ice cold all day! My daddy keeps looking out for the robins. He is worried about them this year. We have had so much summer-y weather, that it seems the birds have gotten confused! He saw some of them today drinking from some oily street water, and he was worried about them. He hasn't seen many birds migrating lately, so he is wondering what has happened to them all. I told him that maybe they are all confused because of the unusually warm winter weather, and they might think it isn't winter yet! We had our first day back at school today. We were there without the students, and that was nice, although that left time for a silly TWO hour meeting!! As I was walking to my classroom this morning, a young father was there dropping off his teeny tiny children. They must have been in preK, because they were very small. I told him that school doesn't start until tomorrow. He seemed a bit confused and asked me what day it was. I told him that school starts tomorrow. He said, "Well, that explains it." I wasn't sure what he meant by that. I thought maybe it was his day with his children, and he might not have known their schedule. Later, I realized that he was probably talking about why the bus hadn't come to pick up the children. We are in a temporary location this year, while our new school is being built, and all of our students are bus riders. They are usually walkers, but our new location is pretty far away from the children's homes, so they must ride the bus or be driven to school. I bought another bag of dog food and some little doggie bones. I have been going to a feed store to get some rather expensive dog food for the last several months. This food is expensive, but it is better on the dogs' stomachs than the regular kind. So, I find it is worth the trip and the money. It also keeps my backyard less 'poopy', if you catch my drift! haha! The regular dog food has lots of fillers in it that tear up the dogs' tummies. This food that I am getting is all natural, and it is lamb and rice. The vet said that lamb and rice is the best for them, so that is what I am buying. The dogs are getting old, so they deserve some good food. I have a Golden Retriever and an Old English Sheepdog. My cat is still eating regular Purina food, and she is okay with it! haha I am trying to warm up my house. I turned down the heat, thinking it would warm up during the day, but it is now cold in here! I had it all toasty warm this morning, too. I accidentally turned the heat way, way, down, so it is taking a while to warm up. I do not like to be cold. Well, I should go for now. I am planning on making some homemade lasagna, which I love! I shouldn't make it when I know that no one will be over here to eat it but me, but I love that stuff!! Toodle-oo I hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment