Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sunflowers

I have always wanted to plant sunflowers along the fence in my backyard. I have never gotten around to planting seeds in time, but this year is different. I was determined to get them planted this year. I went to Home Depot and bought yellow ones and some mixed ones. The mixed flowers are different colors of sunflowers, like a burgundy color and burgundy/yellow. I also bought a big 'greenhouse' of peat pockets. I think that is what they are called. Anyway, I filled them up this morning, and I am anxiosly waiting on them to sprout! I hope that I am successful with getting them to grow. The trick will be to keep the birds and the squirrels from eating them!! Also, whoever mows my lawn better NOT mow them down!! That is a problem, too. I guess I will have to mow around he fenceline. My mower is on the fritz though, so I am not sure when the yard will even get mowed. haha
I am putting a picture up of the beginning stage of this process. I might post periodically to let you see how things are progressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment