Friday, August 21, 2009

My Rachel

August 21, 1982 was a wonderful day in my life. My daughter, Rachel Morel, was born!! She was a big one, at 9 pounds 3 ounces. Needless to say, a C-section was in order. I went in to the hospital on the 20th to get the process going, but she decided she wasn't ready. So, 24 hours later, the doctors decided to do a C-section. I had gained a lot of weight during the pregnancy, and I had to go off of all salt! The doctor thought I was pregnant with twins for a long time, because I gained a lot of weight really fast and constantly. It was finally decided that I was just holding a lot of fluid, thus the no salt diet. Being a short person, I got pretty big! My tummy really stuck out a lot. The little bundle of joy that came out early that morning was well worth all of the weight gain, the fat tummy, the swollen ankles, the pains, etc., etc. She has been the light of my life ever since. She has taken care of me when I was sick, physically or mentally. She has kept me in good spirits when I was down. She cooked for me when she was only in the second grade, and I was going through some really difficult times. Rachel has been a good nurse to me, with all of my physical impairments. She has driven me on trips when I couldn't see well enough to drive. She has kept me sane through a lot of trials and sorrows. Rachel is one superb human being, and she is my little girl!!!! If my other computer was working correctly, I could get a lot of pictures on here of her. I will get them on soon, but for now, I want to get the writing part done on her special day. 27 years ago today, my life changed forever and for the best!! Rachel has grown up to be a magnificent young lady. She is a terrific Math teacher, and she has her head on straight. Rachel has been married to Don for 3 1/2 years now, and she has created a wonderful home for the two of them. She is one of the most gracious people I know. Words can never express how terrific Rachel is. She is a wonderful granddaughter and thinks of others much more than herself. Rachel is one of the most courageous people I know. Thank you, God, for giving me the best daughter in the whole, wide world!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: