Saturday, April 18, 2009

One very eventful Saturday!





It all started about 6 AM. Yes, I said 6 A.M. I am not kidding. Rising at 6 A.M on a Saturday morning is a VERY rare occurence for me. Today was special, though. Rachel developed a team for the breast cancer walk, and we all joined Team Willilou. The team was made in memory of my mom who passed away from breast cancer that turned into uterine cancer. This year was the first time that a Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure was held in Savannah, so...we participated. Rachel, Don, Adam, me, Vicky, Dewey, Susan, Julia, Barbara, Thomas, 'big' Lauren, Kate, Douglas, Ellen, and baby Dewey III. The 'in shape' ones ran the 3 miles of the track, and the rest of us walked! We made really good time. We did the whole thing in 1 hour. That time makes for 3 twenty minute miles, which is pretty good. I really didn't know we would keep up such a swift pace all the way through, but we did! I am kinda sore, not kinda - SORE - but it was worth it. There were over 3,000 people there. That number is great for a first time event. Paula Deen was even there. She helped open the event, and I think she said she was going to walk. Along the path, we passed her restaurant, and there were people lined up for blocks waiting to get in. Honestly folks, the food isn't good enough to wait in that long of a line. It is just southern soul food that is served there. Any one of us can cook like that! After the walk, we went around the booths and got free juice, fruit, yogurt, etc., and some other things. Then, we came home. Susan and I went back downtown to see what was going on for the Earth Day celebration. We saw an old friend, Joey Allen, and had a nice conversation with him. We also came upon our cousin from Clayton! He had driven down with his girlfriend last night. He wanted to show her all around Savannah. I got two free Cypress trees to plant. Daddy says they can't be planted in the city, though. I'm not sure why. Oh well, I got them. I will plant them anyway. Today was a great day for walking, sightseeing, and anything outdoors. Tonight, Rachel, Adam, Vicky, Don, and I went to a play. It was great. The Benedictine boys and the St. Vincent girls put on a play together called "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers". Rachel, Adam, and I love that story! We used to watch that movie over, and over, and over, and over again when they were small. I taped it off of the Disney channel, and we watched it continually. We love it! Then, we came home via McDonald's. I think I have a new favorite sandwich: the Big Mac! I know, I know, it is an old sandwich, but I have just found it. Daddy always wants to go to the place that has the Big Mac (but he means the Whopper, Jr. coz they are 99 cents!) SO, I bought a Big Mac for him today, to show him what it really is. He loved it, so I had to buy one tonight and see just how good it really is. It is good, and it is not so filling that it stuffs you up like a quarter pounder (believe it or not). So, the time is really late, and I am rambling. This late hour is the time when I do my best writing! Ask my professors!! hahahahahaha
Like I said, today was a very eventful day, a funfilled day, an exciting day, and a fulfilling day. Maybe I should get up more often on Saturdays at 6 A.M. !!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful! i wouldve loved to join in if i lived closer.
    nick loves the big mac too.....but double cheeseburgers are his fave.

    ReplyDelete