Sunday, August 4, 2013

One More Day

Today is our last day of summer vacation. We start back to work tomorrow. By we, I mean the public school teachers here in Savannah. I have been to my school three times already. It was kind of nice being back, actually. I enjoy being at home, but I also enjoy having a routine and being around people. When my children were little, I wanted desperately to be at home with them, but I had to work. They tell me that they turned out just fine, and they tell me not to worry about working while they were small. They say that I did what I had to do, and they are right. I have two wonderful children who have grown into two extremely wonderful adults.
So, it is back to the grindstone tomorrow. Believe it or not, I am actually looking forward to it!!

We are going to my niece's 15th birthday party tonight at Logan's Steakhouse. She is a happy girl these days, because she was accepted into the Savannah Arts High School for this coming year, her sophomore year. I know she will thrive there and be very successful. We have a lot of birthdays coming up this month. Becca, brother Dewey, niece Julia, and daughter Rachel. Bam, bam, bam, birthdays will be happening for three weekends in a row, and then Adam's will be here a couple of weeks after that!
I am making Julia a "Belle' cake, for her 7th birthday party. I found a cute one online, and I am going to attempt to make it. I bought the doll for it months ago, after Julia told me what kind of birthday she was having this year. I will put the photo of it here. I really hope that I can make the cake look like this one. Julia loved this picture, when I showed it to her. I will need to take off the doll's clothes, and cover her in saran wrap. I watched a video once on how to do this, so I hope that I learned something! haha
Have a great week!

1 comment: